Monday, April 22, 2013

Have You Noticed the Lamest? "It doesn't matter who you voted for".

There is a trend happening on FaceBook right now.  It has me snickering, but pisses me off.  During the election campaign, I was amazed at the anger of people who supported Obozo.  The amount of daily FaceBook skirmishes was entertaining, but crazy.  Many of these keyboard diatribes were coming from people that never before had much of a political opinion. The ferocity of their attacks on others in defense of our "elected knucklehead", quickly turned them in to well polished assholes.  Frankly, their thinking, or lack of thinking is scary.  I am happy they grew to have an opinion, unfortunately an uninformed opinion just makes you look stupid.  (insert your remark here)
    
I am talking about friends of mine, not many, but more than I expected.  The posts and comments that these people were writing, caught me off guard.  It also taught me a great lesson in the power of the media.  Prior to the last election I had no idea what the media was capable off, nor did I have any idea of how gullible some people can be.  How people can lock on to the "truth" from a single source of information, it may not make them bad people, but it certainly shows their ignorance.

Over the course of the last few months of the election, I read some very ugly interactions.  Not only was it friend against friend, it was family against family, not unlike the civil war.  It was hard for me not to respond in anger to these things, it's what I wanted to do, to cajole and belittle these "idiots", to make them feel stupid. Somehow, other than a few "snide" comments of my own, I made it through.  Initially I promised myself that I would not stoop to the level of those who supported b.o., unfortunately I folded like a cheap tent.

Just this morning, and probably the impetus for this brief note, were more of these "180 degree" posts. The line I read this morning really pissed me off.  "It doesn't matter who you voted for".  Really? That is becoming the mantra of the b.o. voters that were caught up in the moment. Unfortunately, that moment will literally be a life time for others.

I can only pray for the many seniors that voted for him.  If they are 75 or older, they're realizing that they no longer count when it comes to many medicare tests and treatments, they are to old.  "Your to old".  Just like the conservatives tried to warn.  Folks, it's just the beginning. Now the pain of the sequester is coming in to play.  As I mentioned earlier, this country is as divided as it was during the civil war.  As the sequester begins to effect our daily lives, most of you will live "how the great one has failed".

To those friends on FB, in the future, I'm gonna call you out.  I will bring those charming posts back to the forefront. When you were beating your chest and informing us all of how smart you are, and how good it was going to be, you would spare us no quarter.  I find it fitting that you live by the rules you made.  "It doesn't matter who you voted for", the hell it doesn't.  Fuck You!  If your gonna throw a lame excuse rather than except the blame, you deserve what you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment